Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
ROCHESTER, NY – The Rochester Red Wings have partnered with Autism Speaks to host an Autism Awareness Day at the ballpark on April 21st when the Red Wings host the Columbus Clippers at 1:05pm.
The Red Wings and Autism Speaks aim to create an environment that will allow families dealing with Autism to enjoy a day at Frontier Field, while also raising awareness for Autism, a disorder that affects 1 in 68 American Children.
Senior Coordinator of Autism Speaks, Jessica Joanis, explained the importance of an event like this. “For the ninth year, Autism Speaks will kick-off World Autism Month in April, and begin a month-long calendar of events and activities in support of the Autism community. Local partnerships such as Autism Awareness Day with the Rochester Red Wings helps us to increase support, understanding and acceptance of people with Autism across the spectrum and throughout the life span. We hope you will join us for the game on Saturday, April 21, as we light the world blue.”
Some components of Autism Awareness Day are as follows:
• Lower volume levels throughout the stadium along with other fan-friendly adjustments
• In-game production will be altered to minimize abrupt sound effects and video board displays
• Fans are asked to refrain from bringing “noise makers” that day
• Limited number of Blue pom-poms will be available at the Autism Speaks table to substitute for noise makers
• A Safe Zone located in the PERCH will be open all game long for children in need of a quiet reprieve from the game.
• Designated Autism Aware Section, reserved exclusively for guests with family members on the Autism spectrum. Tickets available now.
To purchase tickets in an exclusive Autism Aware Section contact: Mike Ewing at (585) 454-1001 ext. 3036 or MEwing@RedWingsBaseball.com.
Visit www.TicketReturn.com and use the login: Username: Autism18 Password: Speaks
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.