Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
On Friday, June 2, 2017 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, Bowie Baysox, Autism FYI Organization, and One World Center for Autism will host:”Autism & Intellectual Development Disabilities and Community Safety Event” at Prince George’s Stadium, home of the Bowie Baysox, Class AA Minor League Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles.
Our goal at this event will be to provide valuable safety information to the IDD and Autism community and their loved ones while also providing an opportunity for First Responders to learn about their medical conditions and how it affects their safety. There will be activities for the entire family. Activities will include:
- Specially trained First Responders (Prince George’s County Police, EMS and fire & rescue personnel will demonstrate specialized equipment and answer questions
- Meet and Greet our K9s and their handlers
- Resources and tools to help keep children with Autism safe
- Fun for the kids! Temporary Tattoos & Face Painting
- Tour emergency vehicles (police cruiser, fire truck, ambulance)
- Family fun zone with activities for children of all abilities
What: Autism and Intellectual Disabilities Development and Community Safety Day
Bowie Baysox, Autism FYI Organization (AFYI), and One World Center for Autism
When Friday, June 2nd, 2017 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
For Who: First Responders, Parents, Caregivers, Support Networks, Loved Ones, and
Community Members Who Want to Learn More About Autism/ IDD
Tickets: Tickets for the Bowie Baysox Game vs. Altoona Curve @ 7:05 pm include admission to the pre game safety event and the Baysox game. Tickets are available at www.baysox.com or by calling 301.464.4865.
Questions about the event?
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.