Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
(Reading, Pa) – The Reading Fightin Phils have announced there will be a Color the Stadium 5K “Running with Scissors” Fun Run or Walk presented by Penn State Health St. Joseph, Corps Fitness, IM ABLE Foundation and A Running Start on Saturday, June 10th.
The event will feature a pre-race party with a DJ to get everyone in the moving and grooving mood! The race will then kick off with a Color Blast with Reading Fightin Phils players & mascots. The race course will consist of inside and outside of FirstEnergy Stadium. Each lap around the stadium will be about a half mile. The start of the race will take place at 3pm, prior to the Reading Fightin Phils game.
Why are we running with scissors? Because no other color run does this! For this race and this race only – it’s FUN to run with scissors! People have always told us to not run with scissors. But for this fun race, we are throwing caution to the wind, and running with scissors, to raise money and draw attention to the Baseballtown Dream League – a new league and a new Savage 61 Dream Field that will allow children with physical and developmental challenges to play real baseball, on a real field, on a real team!
Don’t want to run the full 5K? THAT’S OK! Just run for fun and stop when you are done! You don’t have to run the full 5K, THAT’S OK!
Schedule for the day includes:
- 2:30: Check-In
- 2:30-3:00: DJ Pre-Party
- 3:00: Color Blast w/ Fightins Players and Mascots
- 3:00: 5K Run Begins
- 3:30-4:30: VIP Post Run Party and Happy Hour for Runners and Their Guests w/ Live Music
- 4:30: Gates Open to All Fans
- 5:00: Mascot Band Performs
- 6:35: First pitch between the Fightin Phils and the Hartford Yard Goats
- Post-Game MEGA BLAST FIREWORKS – Largest Fireworks Show in Stadium History!!!
- All runners must please wear swimming goggles or sunglasses to protect their eyes
Each Runner Receives:
- Registration for the Color the Stadium 5K “Running w/ Scissors” Fun Run or Walk
- DJ Dance Party and Color Blast w/ Fightins Mascots and Players to start the Race
- Two Color Packets to be a Part of the Color Blast Throw
- Fun, Safe Color the Stadium Course Circling America’s Classic Ballpark, including inside the stadium (6 laps of approx.. ½ mile each lap = 3 miles)
- Color thrown on you each lap
- Commemorative Color the Stadium 5K “Running w/ Scissors” Fun Run or Walk T-Shirt
- 15″ Scissors to Run With and Keep
- Exclusive Access to the VIP Post-Run Party for Runners & their Guests w/ Live Music
- Game Ticket for the Reading Fightin Phils Game – including:
- Pre-Game VIP Party and Concert at 3:30
- Fightins Mascot Band Concert at 5:00
- Fightins vs. Hartford 6:35
- Mega Blast Fireworks after the game – the largest fireworks show in stadium history!
There will be an on-field ceremony at 6:15 p.m. before the Fightin Phils game with the Hartford Yard Goats. The ceremony will recognize:
- Best Dressed, Best Dressed Three-Person Team, & Best-Dressed 10-Person Team.
- Most Colorful Male, Most Colorful Female, Most Colorful Child 14 & Under.
- Also will recognize the following runners:
- Fastest Male, Fastest Female, Fastest Male 14 & Under, Fastest Female 14 & Under, Fastest Male 40+, Fastest Female 40+
The cost of the event is $39 per runner. Groups of three runners will receive a discount for only $100! Groups of 10 runners will receive a discount for only $250! Extra guests for the game and VIP party members will receive $6 discounted Fightin Phils tickets. All proceeds benefit Baseballtown Charities Dream League, thanks to Penn State Health St. Joseph, Corps Fitness and a Running Start.
Space is limited – we encourage teams to sign up as soon as possible for this unique, fun event. www.baseballtown.org/marathon.
America’s Classic Ballpark is proud to be a part of Pennsylvania’s Americana Region. Season tickets for the 2017 season are available online at Fightins.com, by phone at 610-370-BALL, and in-person at FirstEnergy Stadium. Follow the Fightin Phils on Twitter at @ReadingFightins and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/fightins.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.