Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
The Omaha Storm Chasers organization’s third annual “Chasers Community Week” presented by Summit Dental Health kicks off on Friday, July 29. Omaha Storm Chasers players and front office members will be volunteering their time throughout the Omaha Metro community from July 29-August 6. Details for each day of “Chasers Community Week” can be found below, which include players visiting Children’s Hospital and the Southwest YMCA, as well as participating in Buddy Baseball at Werner Park. In addition, the front office will help serve dinner at Ronald McDonald House, and volunteer at The Wall That Heals among many other events in the community.
Planned Events for “Chasers Community Week”
- Saturday, July 29 – The Storm Chasers organization will be auctioning off Christmas sweater jerseys on Christmas in July presented by Mannheim Steamroller, with the proceeds benefitting Moving Veterans Forward. There will also be a lemonade stand hosted by the Storm Chasers and Summit Dental at Werner Park that evening, with proceeds benefitting the Open Door Mission.
- Sunday, July 30 – The Storm Chasers organization hosts the first of two UnitedHealthcare Library Nights at Werner Park. This will be in addition to hosting First Responders and having interactive fire, police and medical displays, including a helicopter in the parking lot, on First Responders Night that evening.
- Monday, July 31 – Several Storm Chasers players will be visiting Southwest YMCA starting at 11:00 a.m. to play a pickup game of baseball with kids at that location. That evening, the Storm Chasers organization’s second UnitedHealthcare Library Night will take place at Werner Park, in addition to a Drawstring Backpack Giveaway presented by Huber Chevrolet.
- Tuesday, August 1 – Storm Chasers front office members along with Summit Dental Health employees will assist in cooking and serving dinner at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Wednesday, August 2 – The organization will host their annual Jirschele Family Memorial Golf Outing at Tara Hills Golf Course to help benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association beginning at 9:00 a.m. The Wall That Heals, a half-scale duplication of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C., is also set to arrive at Werner Park that day thanks to Werner Enterprises. Storm Chasers players and front office members will also participate in the Leader Reader at the Children’s Museum. Storm Chasers front office members and a mascot will also be visiting Offutt Air Force Base that day.
- Thursday, August 3 – The Wall That Heals, a half-scale replica of the Vietnam War Memorial Wall in Washington D.C. will be open beginning at 11:00am until the closing ceremonies take place at approximately 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 6.
- Friday, August 4 – Storm Chasers players will be visiting with patients at Children’s Hospital.
- Saturday, August 5 – Bellevue Buddy Baseball will take place at Werner Park at 9:00 a.m., with Storm Chasers players and front office members assisting in the morning event to support the Down Syndrome Alliance. The event will feature headshots and walk-up songs for the buddies playing baseball. Storm Chasers players and Casey will also be at First National Bank on 132nd & Center for their annual Stuff the Bus school supply drive.
- Sunday, August 6 – The Storm Chasers organization salutes all former and current members of our armed forces on Military Appreciation Day at Werner Park. Following that day’s contest at approximately 6:00 p.m. will be a closing ceremony for The Wall That Heals, which will include the playing of “Taps”.
The Storm Chasers return to Werner Park to begin an eight-game homestand on Saturday, July 29, starting with a four-game set versus the Fresno Grizzlies. First pitch of the series opener is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. that evening.
Single game tickets for all remaining Storm Chasers home contests are still available, and can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.