Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
Since 2009, OceanFirst Foundation has donated to non-profit organizations for each BlueClaws home run hit at FirstEnergy Park. Despite the 2020 season being canceled, the organization still to 16 organizations.
The following organizations received a donation from OceanFirst Foundation.
- American Red Cross
- Army Emergency Relief (Fort Dix)
- Cape May Coast Guard Community Foundation
- Catholic Charities (Diocese of Trenton)
- Deborah Hospital Foundation
- GI Go Fund
- Homes for All/Hands For All
- Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey
- Lt. Dennis W. Zilinski Memorial Foundation
- Ma Deuce Deuce
- National Guard State Family Readiness Council
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- Operation First Response
- Veterans of Foreign Wars – Brick Post 8867
“The BlueClaws are proud to partner with OceanFirst Foundation on the Home Runs for Heroes Program and we thank them for their support of these amazing organizations even in this unique year,” said BlueClaws Team President Joe Ricciutti. “Even without a BlueClaws season, we are thrilled to see OceanFirst Foundation donate to these many worthy causes all over the Shore.”
“We thank the Lakewood BlueClaws organization and Townsquare Media for providing the opportunity to work together to bring much needed relief to local military families and Veterans during these difficult times. We’re pleased to have provided $408,000 in grants over the years of our partnership.” said Katherine Durante, Executive Director of OceanFirst Foundation.
The BlueClaws are the Jersey Shore’s top stop for affordable, family entertainment.