Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
FRISCO, Texas (May 24, 2018) – The return of Strikeout Cancer Weekend garners the spotlight as part of the coming six-game homestand for the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Rangers, which runs from Tuesday, May 29 until Sunday, June 3 at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
As part of the franchise’s annual Strikeout Cancer Weekend, which runs from Friday, June 1-Sunday, June 3, the Riders are dedicating the three-game stretch to raising awareness and funds in the battle against cancer. Each night, the Riders will partner with a different cancer-fighting non-profit organization to spotlight their efforts and aid their mission: the National Breast Cancer Foundation (Friday), Rumble Against Cancer (Saturday) and Team Holly (Sunday).
The team will don special Strikeout Cancer uniforms for all three games, which will be auctioned throughout the weekend to benefit the three partnering non-profits. Plus, the first 2,000 fans through the gates at each game will receive a free Riders Strikeout Cancer wristband.
In addition to the special weekend, the homestand also features the return of $1 beer with Thirsty Thursday and the Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard on Thursday, May 31. For just $10, fans 21 and older can join the BIGGEST party in North Texas and enjoy great drink specials, tailgate games, rotating food trucks, non-stop music and a whole lot more. Plus, for just $29, partygoers can enhance their experience by taking it in from the world-famous Choctaw Lazy River.
Here’s a full breakdown of what to expect this homestand at Dr Pepper Ballpark:
Tuesday, May 29 vs. Northwest Arkansas (Royals), 7:05 p.m.
* North Texas Food Bank Night, presented by Whataburger: Fans who donate two or more canned food items will receive a free Whataburger coupon.
* Taco Tuesday: Take advantage of $2 tacos all game long, plus select $3 beers and half-price margaritas from 6-8 p.m.
* Kids Run The Bases: Youngsters can take a lap around the diamond after the game.
Wednesday, May 30 vs. Northwest Arkansas, 7:05 p.m.
* Weiner Wednesday presented by Texas Chili Company: Feast on $1 hot dogs all night long.
* Kids Run The Bases: Youngsters can show off their speed on the bases after the game.
Thursday, May 31 vs. Northwest Arkansas, 7:05 p.m.
* Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard: Experience the BIGGEST part in North Texas! For just $10, enjoy access to $1 beers, a wide selection of food trucks, tailgate games, non-stop music and more (fans 21 & older only).
* Thirsty Thursday: Sip away on $1 domestic draft beers, $2 craft and import beers and $1 Dr Pepper products from 6-8 p.m.
* Kids Run The Bases: Kids get a chance to run the same bases as the Riders after the game.
Friday, June 1 vs. Arkansas (Mariners), 7:05 p.m.
* Strikeout Cancer Weekend, presented by the National Breast Cancer Foundation. All weekend long, the Riders are raising awareness and funds to help in the ongoing battle against cancers of all kind. The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a free Riders Strikeout Cancer wristband.
* Fireworks Friday, presented by InTouch Credit Union: Fans can watch a sparkling fireworks show from the field after the game.
Saturday, June 2 vs. Arkansas, 7:05 p.m.
* Strikeout Cancer Weekend, presented by Rumble Against Cancer. All weekend long, the Riders are raising awareness and funds to help in the ongoing battle against cancers of all kind. The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a free Riders Strikeout Cancer wristband.
* Saturday Post-Game Party: Enjoy live music, with half-price drinks starting in the ninth inning at the Bull Moose Saloon.
* Kids Run The Bases: Youngsters get to traverse the diamond after the game.
Sunday, June 3 vs. Arkansas, 7:05 p.m.
* Strikeout Cancer Weekend, presented by Team Holly. All weekend long, the Riders are raising awareness and funds to help in the ongoing battle against cancers of all kind. The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a free Riders Strikeout Cancer wristband.
* Kids Sunday Funday: Kids and their families can participate in a free pregame catch on the field from 6:00-6:30 and enjoy $1 ice cream sandwiches from all game long.
* Postgame fireworks, presented by Park Place Lexus: Head down to the field after the game to watch a dazzling fireworks show.
For tickets to these games and other remaining home games during the Riders 15th Anniversary Season, visit RidersBaseball.com, call (972) 731-9200 or visit the Dr Pepper Ballpark box office.
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world’s largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest’s prestigious “Best Ballpark Renovation” award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].