Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
(AKRON, OHIO) February 21, 2022 – The Akron RubberDucks are launching a virtual search for National Anthem performers for the 2022 season. All interested singers, vocal groups (five singers or fewer), and musicians must send a digital submission via video of their acapella or unaccompanied performance of the National Anthem no later than Friday, March 11th.
Virtual submissions are the ONLY way to audition for 2022 national anthem performances at Canal Park, no other arrangements can be made at this time.
Performers can submit their auditions by sending their video, along with their name(s), address, and phone number to [email protected]. Digital submissions can be accepted via YouTube video, Vimeo, WeTransfer, or other transfer site that allows for downloading videos.
All virtual auditions must meet the following criteria:
- All auditions must be no longer than two minutes
- All participants are encouraged to use the highest possible audio and video recording available, within reason. Cell phone videos are perfectly acceptable. Please make sure the camera is steady, oriented horizontally, and that the performer(s) are shown clearly in the center of the shot if possible.
- Auditions should be recorded in a well-lit area.
- It is not required to have a clear or scenic background; however, an area free from distractions is best.
- Duet and group auditions are acceptable
The Akron RubberDucks are the Double-A affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians. The RubberDucks season is powered by FirstEnergy at Canal Park, with the home opener April 12, 2022, against the Reading Fightin Phils at 7:05 PM. Fans can purchase tickets by calling 330-253-5151 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, or visit akronrubberducks.com/. For more information about the team, please call 330-253-5151, visit the website at akronrubberducks.com, Facebook page facebook.com/AkronRubberDucks, or on Twitter @AkronRubberDuck, and Instagram @akronrubberducks.