Here is a link to the original story on the team's website.
The Colorado Springs Sky Sox third-to-last homestand of the 2018 season begins on Thursday, August 9, when the team hosts the Nashville Sounds -Triple-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics – for four games and the completion of a suspended game from May 3 at Security Service Field.
On Thursday, August 9, the Sky Sox will amp up another Military Appreciation Night presented by Colorado Military Academy with a pre-game 21-gun cannon salute from members of Fort Carson while the team shows support in Military-style uniforms, which will be auctioned near the end of the month. In addition, it is another $3 Thirsty Thursday presented by Coors which features $3 Colorado Native Amber Lager craft beers, $3 parking, and $3 upper-reserve tickets.
On Friday, August 10, the Sky Sox will be continuing the “Cheers to 45 More Years” campaign as the team will debut and wear replica “Socko” Colorado Springs Sky Sox Jerseys from the 2000’s era, which will be auctioned off at the end of August at SkySoxJerseys.com. Following the 6:40 p.m. scheduled game, there will be 2000’s music themed Friday night post-game fireworks presented by Divine Roofing. To start the day, the Sky Sox and Sounds will be resuming a suspended game from May 3 at 5:00 p.m. with gates opening at 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 11 features X-Box Giveaway Night. On this night, the Sky Sox will be giving away an Xbox every inning. All fans have to do is register at the front gates. A winner will be picked and announced each inning to go home with a free Xbox. Following the conclusion of the game, there will be post-game fireworks presented by Pepsi & Colorado Springs Utilities.
The homestand’s last day, on Sunday, August 12, will feature a special Sky Sox “Peak Performers” giveaway presented by Pioneer Landscape Centers – a Mount Rushmore-like collectible that includes a player from different seasons of Sky Sox Baseball – which will be given to the first 1,000 fans through the gates . Additionally, fans can enjoy the ever-popular 50-cent hot dogs presented by Safeway available at all concessions throughout the game.
Tickets for all event dates are on sale now at www.skysox.com/tickets.
An outline of details for each game date is below.
For more information on promotions and ticket options, please call (719) 591-7699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Get the latest Sky Sox news online at www.skysox.com, like us on Facebook or follow the team on Twitter at @skysox.
Thursday, August 9 vs. Nashville – 6:40 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- $3 Thirsty Thursday presented by Coors
- $3 Colorado Native Amber Lager Craft Beer, $3 Parking and $3 Upper-Reserve Tickets
- Military Appreciation Night presented by Colorado Military Academy
- Sky Sox wearing special, on-field Military Jerseys
- Pre-game cannon 21-gun salute by members of Fort Carson
Friday, August 10 vs. Nashville – 6:40 p.m.
- Gates open at 4:30 p.m.
- Completion of Suspended game from May 3 with 5:00 p.m. start followed by regularly scheduled 6:40 p.m. game
- Early 2,000’s themed Friday night post-game fireworks show presented by Divine Roofing
- “Cheers to 45 More Years” team debut of 2000 replica Sky Sox “Socko” jerseys
Saturday, August 11 vs. Nashville – 6:00 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
- X-Box Giveaway Night with post-game fireworks presented by Pepsi & Colorado Springs
Sunday, August 12 vs. Nashville – 1:30 p.m.
- Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
- Sky Sox “Peak Performers” giveaway presented by Pioneer Landscape Centers (first 1,000 fans)
- 50-cent hot dogs presented by Safeway
- YMCA Kids Run the Bases post-game
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.